Monday, December 15, 2008

Aren't we All Kids?

Today, I learned that grown ups have a lot to learn from "kids". By "kids", I mean those younger than my age (which is not a secret). I see my young grandson Emilio and I wonder at his exuberance and energy. Kids seem to have something that we adults lose -- could this be a sense of innocence?

When was the last time anyone appreciated God's creation in silence while looking at a flower or the glory of the clouds or even the loving loyalty of a dog? When was the last time we were simply "still" and trusting in God? By this I mean REALLY trusting?

We all have to come to a POINT when we must begin to be kids again. We must learn to TRUST OUR Heavenly Father much as we would trust our real father. I think that we'd all be happier people if we acted like the kids and learn to rediscover that trusting the Lord is the "key" to less stress, less unhappiness and less frustrations.

Last night I played volleyball with my grandson and I was amazed at myself. Not only because I enjoyed it but also because I fell to the ground and was unscathed. Of course, I attempted this because my doctor gave me a clean bill of health but more so because I wanted to taste that feeling of hitting that ball with the same gusto I had when I was fourteen. Guess what? And I did IT.

For some reason after the game, I knew that I was alright and that one doesn't reach 60 (plus) simply to wither and "act" like 60. I am more energetic than I was about 10 or 20 years ago. Of course, it is also because I have made my peace with God and myself. I have learned that life is better lived LIKE a child.

We are all children. We all MUST learn that and lean on OUR REAL FATHER, the Almighty God.

I will confess that it may have taken me years to "be a child again". Today, I have reached my journey and I have found that my destiny can only be what HE (up there and everywhere) wants me to be.

Thus, I invite you all to take this journey with me. Feel Free to share ANYTHING you feel with me in OUR blog :)
Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
[mail][info][add]
Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Little Prince", 1943

No comments: