Tuesday, January 27, 2009
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thine arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.
St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for me.
THIS PRAYER WAS FOUND IN THE 5OTH YEAR OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. IN 1505 IT WAS SENT FROM THE POPE TO EMPEROR CHARLES WHEN HE WAS GOING INTO BATTLE. WHOEVER SHALL READ THIS PRAYER OR HEAR IT OR KEEP IT ABOUT THEMSELVES SHALL NEVER DIE A SUDDEN DEATH OR BE DROWNED, NOR SHALL POISON TAKE EFFECT ON THEM---- NEITHER SHALL THEY FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE ENEMY OR BE BURNED IN ANY FIRE OR BE OVERPOWERED IN BATTLE. SAY FOR NINE MORNINGS FOR ANYTHING YOU DESIRE. IT HAS NEVER BEEN KNOWN TO FAIL, PROVIDED THAT THE REQUEST IS FOR ONE'S SPIRITUAL BENEFIT OR FOR THOSE WHOM WE ARE PRAYING FOR.
WE PUBLISHED THE ABOVE CLAIM WHICH USUALLY ACCOMPANIES THE PRINTED PRAYER, ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT KNOW OF ITS AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Dear heavenly Father, we consecrate to you our beloved country- the Philippines and all the Filipinos around the world. We acknowledge Father that apart from You, we can do nothing and it is only your divine providence and grace that can unite all Filipinos as one nation. We therefore humble ourselves before your throne. We confess all our sins to you individually and collectively as a nation. Forgive us our sins Father and wash us clean by the precious blood of Your beloved Son- Jesus Christ. Mend our wicked ways and let us experience a strong and genuine spiritual revival for ourselves and for our country. Let the Holy Spirit imbibe us with power, love and wisdom to return to Your path of holiness and righteousness. Bless our country, heavenly father. Bless all Filipinos wherever they maybe. Let progress, unity, harmony, stability, justice, peace and prosperity reign in our country.
Bless our leaders, from the President down to the lowest Barangay official. Touch their hearts that they may serve our country with all honesty and with love and integrity. Bless our children and our future generation. And bless us all Father in all aspects of our lives. This we pray to You heavenly Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
Name Address Name of Blog URL
Name Address Name of Blog URL
1. Mel Alarilla Bulacan, Philippines
Filipinos Unite!!! http://filipinosunite.blogspot.com/
2. Angel Cuala Batangas, Philippines Father Blogger dot com url - http://fatherblogger.com/
3. Lavern Tan Las Pinas City, Philippines Pinoy Ambisyoso url- http://pinoyambisyoso.com
4. Francis Daniel Maning Cebu, Philippines Istayl Sugbo url- http://istaylsugbo.blogspot.com
5. Snow Philippines Dear Bloggery url- http://dearbloggery.com/
6. Bloggista - Marikina, Philippines - Bloggista - url- http://www.bloggista.com/
7. Chris A. - Cavite, Philippines - CMAQuest - url- http://cmaquest.blogspot.com/
8. Aisha - Eugene, Oregon, USA - The Holley Herald - url - http://www.theholleyherald.com/
9. Rowena - Davao City, Philippines - All Out My Naked Truth- Rowena - url - http://rowenabongabong.blogspot.com/
10. Icymar Tagimacruz - Cebu, Philippines - Kreative Myndz - url- http://www.icymartagimacruz.blogspot.com/
11. Pat Mangubat - Philippines - New Philippine Revolution - url- http://newphilrevolution.blogspot.com/
12. Empress - Cebu, Philippines - Empress of Drac.Com - url- http://www.empressofdrac.com/
13. Marilou Domingo - Philippines - Ibanag in the City - url- http://ibanaginthecity.blogspot.com/
14. Ester Besmonde - Canada - Walk Through Money Online Journal - url- http://www.teyonlinejournal.com/
15. Ramon Paulino - Quezon City, Philippines - FatherlYours.com - u rl- http://www.fatherlyours.com/
16. Mindanaoan - Mindanao, Philippines - Mindanaoan - url- http://www.maindaoan.com/
17. Bloggie - Davao City, Philippines - Davao Bloggers Network - url- http://www.davaoblogs.net/
18. Xerendipity - Dumaguete City, Philippines - Obnoxious Queer - url- http://obnoxiousqueer.com/
19. Viviene C. (Bingkee) - Connecticut, USA - I Love/Hate America - url- http://www.fliploveusa.typepad.com/
20. Roy - Angeles City, Philippines - The Struggling Blogger - url- http://thestrugglingblogger.168center.com/
21. Janette Toral (Ada) - Marikina City, Philippines - Blogging From Home - url- http://www.bloggingfromhome.com/
22. Milton Coyne III (Bluedreamer27) - Cavite City, Philippines - Bluedreamer's Top Five - url- http://bluedreamer27.blogspot.com/
23. Marites dlR - Davao City, Philippines - Me, the islands and the world - url- http://www.pinaylighterside.com/
24. Mauie Flores - Cainta, Rizal, Philippines - Living a Sugar-free Sweet Life! - url- http://www.maureenflores.com/
25. MsRay - Bacolod City, Philippines - Woman on a Journey - url- http://www.msray2008.com/
26. Pia Go Olano - Philippines - My Life's Journey - url- http://myblog2002.blogspot.com/
27. Jena Isle - Pampanga, Philippines - Random Thoughts - url- http://jenaisle-candidthoughts.blogspot.com/
28. Caca - Mindanao, Philippines - Mood Swings - url- http://blogecca.blogspot.com/
29. Pinoy Apache - Cebu City, Philippines - Pinoy Apache - url- http://pinoyapache.blogspot.com/
30. Jessie Simbulan - Philippines - The Reporter - url- http://www.jessie-simbulan.com/
31. Tony Roda - Manila, Philippines - MENstream - url- http://www.menstream.blogspot.com/
32. Fingertalks - Philippines - Fingertalks - url- http://www.fingetalks.com/
33. Wendy Lopez-Redaon - Quezon City, Philippines - From The Eyes of My Heart - url - http://wenlopred.blogspot.com/
34. Marlene - Davao City, Philippines - Potpourri of Ramblings - url - http://www.lemback.com/
35. Liza Cochico - Quezon City, Philippines - A Simple Life - url - http://mlizcochico.com/
36. Tricia Mazo-Galvez - Las Pinas City, Philippines - Proud Mommy - url- http://monliam.blogspot.com/
37. Wayne - New Zealand - Affiliate Crunch - url- http://www.affiliatecrunch.com/
38. Shiera Delusa - Osaka, Japan - Bisdak Babbles - url - http://bisdakbabbles.com/
39. Madz - Lunda Norte, Angola - Things I Did Not Know Before - url - http://madzlifesknowledge.blogspot.com/
40. Kcee - Makati City, Philippines - Barefooted Me - url - http://www.barefootedme.com/
41. Yani - Davao City, Philippines - Banicmanic - url- http://www.banicmanic.blogspot.com/
42. Rodaflip - Ontario, Canada - FlipAntasticWeb - url- http://flipantasticweb.blogspot.com/
43. Ramvie Santiago - Philippines - Philippine Blog For All - url - http://pinoyblogko.wordpress.com/
44. Russell Bravo - Caloocan City, Philippines - Russell Dot Com - url - http://www.russelldotcom.com/
45. Michelle Valenzuela - San Francisco, California, USA - Tumawa K Kabayan - url - http://twangpinoy.blogspot.com/
46. Pinay Wife - Cambodia - Pinay Wife Speaks - url - http://pinaywifespeaks.com/
47. Lei - Pasig City, Philippines - Moon Goddess Lae - url - http://moongoddesslae.com/
48. Shawie Gick - Orange County, California, USA - A Grateful Heart - url - http://anemptycup.blogspot.com/
49. Hariette Wendam - Iloilo City, Philippines - Praning's Shoutout - url - http://www.praningshoutout.com/
50. Joan Joyce Absalon - Navotas City, Philippines - Joan Joyce dot com - url - http://joanjoyce.com/blog/
51. Rashieka Estelle Absalon - Navotas City, Philippines - My Name Is Rashieka - url - http://rashieka.com/
52. Darlyn - Gen. Santos City, Philippines - Touched By An Angel With Love - url - http://darlyngemwords.blogs.com/
53. Kate Cancio - Marikina City, Philippines - Becoming Kate Cancio - url - http://katecancio.blogspot.com/
54. Ria - United Kingdom - Continental Fairy - url - http://www.continentalfairy.com/
55. Ginoray - Cainta, Rizal, Philippines - Profound Matters - url - http://profoundmatters.wordpress.com/
56. Penlighted - New York, USA - Light It Up (Blogging for Jesus) - url - http://lightedpen.blogspot.com/
57. Lyn (Moccalyn) - Manila, Philippines - Life Spices - url - http//moccalyn.blogspot.com/
58. Ana Lindenhann - Denmark - The Filipina Mom in Denmark - url - http://www.filipinamom.com/
59. Chris Red - Philippines - Christinchen's Soapbox - url - http://christinchen184.blogspot.com/
60. Richies 2Ts Inspires - Stockholm, Sweden - Richies Inspirational Designs - url - http://simchieinspires.blogspot.com/
61. Island Angel - Davao City, Philippines - Seashells Of Island Angel - url - http://seashellsofislandangel.blogspot.com/
62. Manilyn Tingcang - Iligan City, Philippines - LinGZ.spot - url - http://lingzspot.blogspot.com/
63. Joyoz Obsioma - Melbourne, Australia - Everyday Life...Generally Speaking - url - http://www.joydob.com/
64. Gladita - Bacolod City, Philippines - PromdiLiving - url - http://promdiliving.com/
65. Lesley Cucal - Tarlac City, Philippines - Bottomless Coffee - url - http://men-tality.blogspot.com/
66. Rose Cottrill - West Virginia, USA - Rose's Obstacles and Glory - url - http://www.obstaclesandglories.com/
67. Mys Lyke Meeh - Toronto, Canada - Mys Lyke Meeh - url - http://myslykemeeh.blogspot.com/
68. Gloria (Goyz) - Calamba City, Philippines - Good Health - url - http://goyz-greenapple.blogspot.com/
69. Mitch (Annay Butakal) - Cebu, Philippines - Ramble Baboy - url - http://annaybutakal.blogspot.com/
70. Ria Coleto - Cervantes - Dubai, UAE - It's My Party - url - http://www.riablahgs.com/
71. Luna Miranda - Makati City, Philippines - Miranda - url - http://bilogangbuwanniluna.blogspot.com/
72. Kit (Suplado) - Makati City, Philippines - Suplado Reviews - url - http://supladoonline.blogspot.com/
73. Rachel - Philippines - Heart of Rachel - url - http://mysoulfulthoughts.blogspot.com/
74. Josie Santos - Sydney, Australia - Fragments of My Soul - url - http://josie-santos.blogspot.com/
75. Wella Jane - Misamis Occidental, Philippines - Thinking Pen- Blogging For A Cause - url - http://thinkingpen.freeo.net/
76. Kelvin Requiroso (Kebelle) - Quezon City, Philippines - Spirituality Page - url - http://spirituality-page.blogspot.com/
77. Pusang Gala - Mandaluyong City, Philippines - Pusang - Gala - url - http://pakaleklalawak.blogspot.com/
78. Jason - Paranaque, Philippines - Pinoy Updates - url - http://www.pinoyupdates.com/
79. Onatdonuts - Taguig City, Philippines - OnatDonuts - url - http://www.onatdonuts.blogspot.com/
80. Ibyang - NSW, Australia - A Wife's Charmed Life - url - http://awifescharmedlife.blogspot.com/
81. Mike Avenue - Philippines - Mga Tagalog Na Tula Sa Filipinas - url - http://tagalog-tula-pilipinas.blogspot.com/
82.Jhay Gamba - Cainta, Rizal, Philippines - I Blog Mo! - url -http://jdesignzwww.jdesignz.blogspot.com/
83. Carla Farnesyl Fundales Idago - Malabon City, Philippines - Heterotripper: Anong Maskara Mo Today - url - http://lacarotica.blogspot.com/
84. Tet Garchitorena - Naga City, Philippines - The Life Of An Oregano Addict - url - http://www.piebuko.blogspot.com/
85. Rael Denoman - Imus, Cavite, Philippines - Manikang Papel - url - http://myblogjazzryl.blogspot.com/
86. Liezl F. - Valenzuela City, Philippines - Breezing My Confined Emotions - url - http://microporetape.blogspot.com/
87. Kengkay - Germany - Kwentong Kengkay - url - http://kengkay.wordpress.com/
88. Earthlingorgeous - Manila, Philippines - Earthlingorgeous.com - url - http://www.earthlingorgeous.com/
89. Pinay Key Point - Tarlac City, Philippines - PinayKeyPoint - url - http://pinaykeypoint.wordpress.com/
90. Ria Stevenson - Texas, USA - Live Love Laugh - url - http://www.riastevenson.com/
91. Pajay - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Klasrum Ni Pajay - url - http://propesorpa-jay.blogspot.com/
92. Texas Sweetie - Texas, USA - My Virtual Diary - url - http://www.texas-sweetie.blogspot.com/
93. Aquamarine - Hongkong - Aquamarine - url - http://jhole22.blogspot.com/
94. Shemistry - Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines - Foolishly Overacting - url- http://shemshemistry.blogspot.com/
95. Dines - Winona, Minnesotta, USA - Kalei Dines Scope - url - http://paul-dina-kaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
96. Che (Chorva) - Philippines - Chorva Entertainment Blog - url - http://www.chorva.net/
97. Arnel Gara Artes - Cebu City, Philippines - A Hunter - url - http://www.arnelgaraartes.blogspot.com/
98. Donald Pal (Dhon) - Cebu, Philippines - Life Love Lust - url - http://dhonpal.blogspot.com/
99. Fermin Absalon - Navotas, Metro Manila, Philippines - Beyond Feron Dot Com - url - http://www.beyondferon.com/
100. Dzerom - Calamba, Laguna, Philippines - Blogging Without A Cause - url - http://blogging-without-a-cause.blogspot.com/
101. K (Knoizki) - Hongkong - A Dialogue With K - url - http://www.knoizki.net/
102 Orville Hitadle - Cebu City, Philippines - Downloader's Stuffs and Freebies for All - url - http://www.iamdownloader.com/
103. Cindyrella - Hongkong - Cindyrella From Hongkong - url - http://cindyrella-stories.blogspot.com/
104. Rimewire - Cavite, Philippines - Disproving the Genius - url - http://rimewire.wordpress.com/
105. Edelweiza Mabalay - Manila, Philippines - The Life of a Breadwinner - url - http://www.edelweiza.com/
106. Manolito Montala - Philippines - The Filipino Enterpreneur - url - http://www.thefilipinoenterpreneur.com/
107. Leona Khan - Pasig City, Philippines - Vanidosang Panda - url - http://ms-panda.blogspot.com/
108. Pepe Mckunat - Philippines - Life is Tough, but prove You are Tougher - url - http://katchupoy.wordpress.com/
109. Batopik - Taguig City, Philippines - Batopik - url - http://batopik.wordpress.com/
110. Gin E - Manila, Philippines - Mommy in Manila - url - http://mommyinmanila.blogspot.com/
111. B'ley Villones (Dyosa) - Paranaque City, Philippines - Blagalag - url - http://www.bl;agalag.com/
112. Donald Serrano (don_ser) - Philippines - don_ser The Feeling ProBlogger - url - http://www.doanldserrano.com/donser/
113. Love Lot - San Francisco, California, USA - Lov-A-Lot - url - http://lov-a-lot.blogspot.com/
114. Enchie - Manila, Philippines - Sweet Nothings - url - http//xtraordinarymom.blogspot.com/
115. Iceah Marie - Gen. Santos City, Philippines - Chicken Heart - url - http://www.pinay-chicken-heart.com/
116. Mee*I Velasco - Antipolo City, Rizal, Philippines - Waiting On The World To Change - url - http://mekinudolsoup.blogspot.com/
117. Kuyanin - Philippines - Kuyanin: Starting Afresh - url - http://www.kuyanin.com/
118. Chyng Reyes - Manila, Philippines - No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'! - url - http://riandrew.blogspot.com/
119. JuanDerPul - Philippines - JuanDerPul Pinoy - url - http://juanderpulpinoy.com/
120. Kenneth Mendoza - Laguna, Philippines - Kenneth Mendoza- Speaking Out, Blogging, Ranting and Fooling Around - url - http://www.kmendoza.net/
121. Grace - Michigan, USA - We Live To Tell God's "Amazing Grace" - url - http://grace1331.blogspot.com/
122. Carnation - Antique, Philippines - Carnation - url - http://sweetcarnation.blogspot.com/
123. Jed Chua - Mandaluyong City, Philippines - Reel Advice - url - http://reeladvice.blogspot.com/
124. Pammyboo83 - Dumaguete City, Philippines - Filipino Lifestyle - url - http://filipinotaste.blogspot.com/
125. Sagada- Igorot - Mountain Province, Philippines/Chicago, USA - Blog of The Sagada- Igorot - url - http://blog.sagada-igorot.com/
126. Bai Maleiha Candao - Cotabato City, Philippines - Soulful Images - url - http://princessmaleiha.blogspot.com/
127. Jehzeel Laurente - Philippines - Jehzlau Concepts - url - Http://www.jehzlau-concepts.com/]
128. Poohgahk - Philippines - Shout Out - Url - http://poohgahk.blogspot.com/
129. Norman Novio - Occidental Mindoro, Philippines - Pamatok - url - http:///nanovio.blogspot.com/
130. Bien Nillos - Negros Occidental, Philippines - The Freudian Slip - url - http://bayenn.blogspot.com/
131. Madelyn Basalo-Sells - Cafunfo, Lunda Norte, Angola - "The Pride of Hingotanan, Bohol"- My Life's Journey To Success - url - http://madzlifesdiary.blogspot.com/
132. Jannesse - Las Pinas City, Philippines - The Wifey Diaries - url - http://thewifeydiaries.blogspot.com/
133. Willa Stock - Ontario, Canada - Fickle Minded- A Life That Is Less Ordinary - url - http://fickleminded.net/
134. Aihara (Tessah) Ramintessah Sanchez - Japan - The Economics of Life - url - http://lifesmatterandeconomics.blogspot.com/
135. Ron Albert - Quezon City, Philippines - A Slice of Turon - url - http://ron-turon.blogspot.com/
136. Elyong - Davao City, Philippines - Elyong - url - http://elyong.blogspot.com/
137. Kokoi - Baguio City, Philippines - Blog ni Kokoi - url - http://blognikokoi.blogspot.com/
138. Fat - Japan - Anything Goes - url - http://247diary.blogspot.com/
139. Mye De Leon - Rizal, Philippines - Blog Appetite - url - http://blogappetite.blogspot.com/
140. Jan Geronimo - Oriental Mindoro, Philippines - salabasngmandaluyong (Rx For A Better Life) - url - http://salabasngmandaluyong.blogspot.com/
141. Chuva - Philippines - Chizmizan With Chuva - url - http://chuvachienes.com/
142. E. J. Bautista - Quezon City, Philippines - Bogcess - url - http://bogcess.blogspot.com/
143. Maree Tee - Philippines - I Am Mrs. Tee - url - http://mareetee.blogspot.com/
144. Alma Cafe - Davao oriental, Philippines - Reach Beyond Your Limits - url - http://luponfirehouse.blogspot.com/
145. Arlene Collado - Philippines - Joys in Life - url - http://sunshineleneforlife.com/
146. Juvy - Philippines - Pinoy Portals - url - http://pinoyportals.blogspot.com/
147. Jan Mckingley Hilado - Cebu City, Philippines - The Ultralife of Student Nurses - url - http://nursester.blogspot.com/
148. Carlos - Davao City, Philippines - Carlos Ideas - url - http://carlos-ideas.blogspot.com/
149. Mentor - Cebu, Philippines - The Image of Cebu - url - http://cebuimage.blogspot.com/
150. Emma Ballada - Laguna, Philippines - Life Momento - url - http://lifemomento.blogspot.com/
151. Darkspark - Philippines - Papermills - url - http://papermills.blogspot.com/
152. Jes - Philippines - My Little Angels - url - http://ishiethan.blogspot.com/
153. Mike Pamero - Laguna, Philippines - Such were some of you - url - http://www.mikepamero.blogspot.com/
154. Jerome - Calamba, Laguna, Philippines - Pinoy Blogger Online - url - http://blogging-without-a-cause.blogspot.com/
155. Guia Gomez - San Juan, Metro Manila - The Real Guia Gomez - url- http://guiagomez.blogspot.com
If you have a blog, please copy and do include your name and blog as we go on sharing this prayer throughout the blogging world !
Example : Copy and paste. Then, add 156. your name, location - blog name- and then your URL !
This is a documentary made by Lee Strobel who was an atheist and one of the most objective journalists of the Chicago Tribune. He decided to "investigate" the historical reality of the New Testament to "try and find a scandal".He expected to find that everything about Jesus of Nazareth was "fiction" and started to talk to archeologists, scholars and Israeli historians to pursue "The Case of Christ" as an investigative report. This is a "must see" movie... particularly for those who need "EVIDENCE".
So many atheists have been touched by this film.Others who were not Christian have also seem this film. This film is making "raves" all over the world. If you want to watch it on FULL SCREEN, press the little square near at the LEFT of the google square.
Yes, this is worth the time -- some 1 hour plus. It also is an exciting documentary. Recommend it to your friends.
And Jackie, my friend, see this please :)Some claim that it has a healing, calming and "assuring" effect.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Speaking of ice cream, I also wonder what happened to Dairy Queen that used to be somewhere at Taft Avenue where the best seller 20 (or 25??) years ago was the "Vanilla Twist"?
Remember when San Juan and Quezon City didn't seem to have the "glitter" of Manila and SM was NOT a mall but a shoe store?
Remember when Cubao had the New Frontier theatre? What about Chopsticks Chinese restaurant in Cubao? Remember when Cusina Italiana was "in"? Remember the COD Christmas exhibits that we used to go to when we were younger at Cubao? What about the great steaks at Jusmag (now Scout Borromeo, near ABS-CNN?) Does anyone remember a small restaurant that was a hit in the late 70's called "Pastelleria Espanola"?
Those were the days when there were TREES almost everywhere. Everyone seemed to have a garden no matter how small. Those were the days when RAM meant an animal (usually read about in the Bible), there was no AIDS (that word used to mean help), people smoked but didn't die of Cancer, water was not bought and if someone sold you "bottled water" then, you would conclude that the seller was rather insane. No one asked you then how is your "hard disk drive" particularly if you are a man!
Dogs where not "dressed" then, even if it was cold. The vets did not make huge money when you had a new puppy and you needed something like 500 plus pesos for the complete three times 5-in-1 vaccine. Dogs were not called "my babies" and there were no graveyard for pets then.
People knew how to be happy with only about 4 channels and no cable. The stereo and the old LP records were great and the "boombox" was considered extremely modern. CD cassettes were IN and also considered modern stuff. The Betamax was IN even if it was direly lacking in digital quality.
There were no cell phones, not even the analog types which started to come out only in the 1980s. Kids from the late 60's and 70's were happy with the simple game of "game and Watch" which was a hit.. Students even in private schools played "piko" and "pick up sticks".
Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys were IN by the time one was in the 5th grade. Eleven year olds knew how to read. Education was better then and the literacy rates were almost a hundred percent. Remember REAL libraries? (There was no "google" or "wikipedia" then). Tigerbeat Magazine was "in" and there was Bobby Sherman, Davy Jones, Donny and Marie and the Partridge Family that most people loved (this was the "lost era" after the Beatles)... Remember when kids could walk in the streets without fear of being harassed, raped or murdered? Remember when the best rice was 2.50/ kilo?
Remember when a "baon" of 2 pesos was HUGE even if you ate at the school cafeteria? Remember those punched out "meal tickets" at school? Remember the Apollo 11 moon landing "lunchbox"? Remember the days when there were no computers and one had to write by hand and actually mail a letter or card?
Remember when there were telegrams? Recall those days of carbon paper and "snail mail". Sure, it seemed too inconvenient but why does it seem that most were happier then? I guess it's because "stuff" can never REALLY make us happy :)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
She kept on getting weaker as day dragged into day
The doctors gave no hope for her; she seemed to fade away
My hours were filled with constant dread; time became a knife
That slowly and relentlessly cut the cord of life
There was a teacher in the region then some of us had heard
That He'd healed the paralytic by the power of just His Word
So with hope again rekindled I went at once to see
If I could find a man named Jesus from a town in Galilee
I began to search the city and soon I saw the crowd
They were pressing in to touch Him and they called His Name out loud
But with the strength of desperation I pushed them all aside
I through myself before Him and from my knees I cried
"Lord, come and heal my daughter, even now she's close to death
Her fever's uncontrollable, she fights for every breath
But God's given You the power; life is Yours to give
If you'll just lay Your hands on her I know that she will live"
(She will live, she will live)
Well, He'd just begun to go with me when a face I saw with fear
Came towards me with the news I knew I didn't want to hear
And although I tried to steel myself I trembled when he said
"Why bother the Teacher anymore, your little girl is dead."
Then Jesus touched my shoulder and He told me not to grieve
The trembling stopped when He looked at me and said, "Only believe"
Then He sent the crowds away except His closest men
And they followed right behind us as we started off again
But we were still a long ways down the road when I heard the sounds and cries
Of the mourners and musicians as they strove to dramatize
My grief they had no business with beneath their loud disguise
My wife just sat there silently and stared through empty eyes
Then Jesus asked the mourners, "Why is it that you weep?
She isn't dead as you suppose, the child is just asleep."
It only took a moment for their wails to turn to jeers
"Who does this man think he is? Get him out of here!"
With authority I've never heard in the lips of any man
He spoke and every sound rolled out with the thunder of command
And in the sudden silence they all hurried for the door
Wondering what the reasons were they'd ever come there for
Then He called his three disciples that were with Him on the way
He led them and my wife and me to where our daughter lay
He took her by the hand; He told her "Child, arise"
And the words were barely spoken when she opened up her eyes
She rose and walked across the room and stood there at our sides
My wife knelt down and held her close and at last she really cried
And then Jesus told us both to see that our daughter had some food
But as to how her life was saved, not to speak a word...
Not to speak a word...
I got to tell somebody
I got to tell somebody
I got to tell somebody
I got to tell somebody
I got to tell somebody, got to tell somebody, what Jesus did for me
I got to tell somebody, got to tell somebody, what Jesus did for me
I got to tell somebody, got to tell somebody, what Jesus did for me
I got to tell somebody, got to tell somebody, what Jesus did for me
Faith is something that cannot be forced. Thus, each one has to decide for his/herself. There are however testimonies of the healing "gift" of this priest. In his You Tube cyberhealing site, so many people have claimed to be healed from various diseases from Cancer to asthma and eye defects.
The Bible however says that Jesus does heals. When one examines the New Testament, EVERYONE who came to Jesus was healed, even the Roman centurion. Jesus wants to heal us. Let's simply surrender and believe Him. After all, He is Lord of ALL!
Acts 5:16 "Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed. NOTE - Even after Jesus had been crucified, rose back to life again, and ascended into heaven, we see the very same work that Jesus performed, while on the earth, still taking place through the hands of His disciples, and with the very same intensity - all being healed. And why not? Hebrews 13:8 tells us that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever!
Hebrews 7:25 Because Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant (verse 22), "Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them." Take a look at this scripture in the Amplified Version: "Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them." NOTE - It's important to remember that the word "save" in the Greek is the word sozo which literally means to heal, preserve, save, do well, be (make) whole. It means deliverance in the present as well as in the future or in eternity, physical as well as spiritual. Jesus used this word to denote healing of the body as well as forgiveness of sins.
Acts 13:38-39 "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man [Jesus] is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified [declared righteous] from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." NOTE - I love this. From now on you need to train yourself to translate the word "justified" as declared righteous. That is the literal Greek translation. This will really help you when you read the book of Romans.
Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal (Natural, Earthly) bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." NOTE - Take a close look at this Scripture, this is talking about your body that you have now, not the one you're going to receive one day in heaven! Allow the Lord to impart His life into you by placing faith in His Word. Begin to praise Him for this promise.
2 Corinthians 4:10-11 "Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus (which was for our victory), that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh." - Bodily Health!!!
Matthew 6:9-10 "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on Earth as it is in heaven." NOTE - Jesus always prays the will of God, and He prays that the will of God be done here on the earth just as it is in heaven.
Deuteronomy 11:21 (If a believer honors God and lives according to the Word, He says...) "That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth." NOTE - God's plan is that His children begin to experience the inheritance of the heavenly life while here on the earth. We're already His children, and we have been given special rights. Learning to walk in the Word of God, brings the benefits of the Word of God into a living, functioning reality.
Deuteronomy 7:15 "And the LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you." NOTE - If this was a promise to God's covenant people under the Old Covenant, how much more does this benefit of health pertain to us today; as we are under the New Covenant which is based upon the precious Blood of Jesus Christ!
Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" NOTE - Surely this includes healing!!!
Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name . . . they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." NOTE - Find someone who believes God's Word regarding healing and have them lay hands on you and pray for you in faith based on the promises of God. James 5:16 says "that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." NOTE - The word "wait" in this verse implies a positive action of hope, based on knowing that the Word of God is a true fact and that it will soon come to pass - waiting with earnest expectation!
Psalm 34:19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."
Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord."
Isaiah 53:4-5 "Surely He hath borne our griefs (Lit. sicknesses) and carried our sorrows (Lit. pains) yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and by His stripes we are healed."
Jeremiah 33:6 "Behold, I will bring you health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you the abundance of peace and truth."
Matthew 18:19 "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on Earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." NOTE - The prayer of agreement is powerful - have someone agree with you for your healing!
Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." Surely this includes healing!
Isaiah 58:8 "Thy light shall break forth as the morning, and thy health shall spring forth speedily; and thy righteousness shall go before thee: the glory of the Lord shall be thy rear guard."
Psalm 41:3 (Amplified Version) "The Lord will sustain, refresh, and strengthen him on his bed of languishing; all his bed You [O Lord] will turn, change, and transform in his illness." NOTE - I love how the Amplified Bible brings out the fullness of meaning in the original language. The phrase "all his bed" in the Hebrew, has the meaning of; all that he is afflicted with, or all of his condition that he is lying with" It is always His will to turn, change and transform our mourning into dancing - Psalm 30:11
1 Thessalonians 5:23 "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly [completely]; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless [sound, complete and intact] unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." NOTE - It is very clear in this passage that wholeness, wellness, and health is for the complete make-up of man, spiritual, mental, and physical.
1 Peter 2:24 "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-- by whose stripes you were healed." NOTE - Past tense "You were healed". Jesus paid it all for your total deliverance - spirit, soul and body!
Psalm 103:2-3 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who heals all thy diseases"
3 John 2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."
Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise."
James 5:14-15 "Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."
1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 "But let us who are of the day [in Christ] be sober [Word minided], putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath [the curse], but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him [share in His life]."
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
This is one of the BEST documentaries about "STUFF" and why the third world countries are also at risk . I learned of this video from my FACEBOOK buddy Katrina Ponce Enrile who recommends that everyone watch it to understand what "stuff" is REALLY all about and how much hope our planet (and our country) really does have.... it's a challenge to DO SOMETHING NOW about the way we live!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Jacki Velasquez, as most of you know, is one of the most popular Latina singers and among her songs, THIS ONE seems to have had the biggest "hits" (more than a million). This pop Christian song refers to our Lord and Saviour Jesus when she sings :" In my eyes you're the only real truth I see... when my hopes and dreams are shattered you're the only love I need."
Most of you know versions of this song which have been "secularized". This is the original version that Jacki Velasquez wrote and sang. It even has an English/Spanish version in one of my friend's Ipod.
Sing along and relax. This video is a real stress buster and it is one of the coolest songs that exceeded the million viewers. There is no need to fear and stress.. GOD is in control ALWAYS :)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
THE GATES AND DOORS WERE BARRED AND ALL THE WINDOWS FASTENED DOWN
I SPENT THE NIGHT IN SLEEPLESSNESS AND ROSE AT EVERY SOUND
HALF IN HOPELESS SORROW AND HALF IN FEAR THE DAY
WOULD FIND THE SOLDIERS BREAKING THROUGH TO DRAG US ALL AWAY
AND JUST BEFORE THE SUNRISE I HEARD SOMETHING AT THE WALL
THE GATE BEGAN TO RATTLE AND A VOICE BEGAN TO CALL
I HURRIED TO THE WINDOW AND LOOKED DOWN INTO THE STREET
EXPECTING SWORDS AND TORCHES AND THE SOUND OF SOLDIERS FEET
THERE WAS NO ONE THERE BUT MARY
SO I WENT DOWN TO LET HER IN
JOHN STOOD THERE BESIDE ME AS SHE TOLD US WHERE SHE'D BEEN
SHE SAID THEY'VE MOVED HIM IN THE NIGHT AND NONE OF US KNOWS
WHERETHE STONE'S BEEN ROLLED AWAY AND NOW HIS BODY ISN'T THERE
WE BOTH RAN T'WARD THE GARDEN AND THEN JOHN RAN ON AHEAD
WE FOUND THE STONE AND THE EMPTY TOMB JUST THE WAY THAT MARY SAID
BUT THE WINDING SHEET THEY WRAPPED HIM IN WAS JUST AN EMPTY SHELL
AND HOW OR WHERE THEY'D TAKEN HIM WAS MORE THAN I COULD TELL
SOMETHING STRANGE HAD HAPPENED THERE JUST WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW
JOHN BELIEVED A MIRACLE BUT I JUST TURNED TO GO
CIRCUMSTANCE AND SPECULATION DIDN'T LIFT ME VERY HIGH
'CAUSE I'D SEEN THEM CRUCIFY HIM, AND THEN I SAW HIM DIE
BACK INSIDE THE HOUSE AGAIN THE GUILT AND ANGUISH CAME
EVERYTHING I'D PROMISED HIM JUST ADDED TO MY SHAME
WHEN AT LAST IT CAME TO CHOICES I DENIED I KNEW HIS NAME
AND EVEN IF HE WAS ALIVE, IT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME
SUDDENLY THE AIR WAS FILLED WITH A STRANGE AND SWEET PERFUME
LIGHT THAT CAME FROM EVERYWHERE DROVE SHADOWS FROM THE ROOM
JESUS STOOD BEFORE ME WITH HIS ARMS HELD OPEN WIDE
AND I FELL DOWN ON MY KNEES AND I JUST CLUNG TO HIM AND CRIED
HE RAISED ME TO MY FEET AND AS I LOOKED INTO HIS EYES
LOVE WAS SHINING OUT FROM THEM LIKE SUNLIGHT FROM THE SKIES
GUILT AND MY CONFUSION DISAPPEARED IN SWEET RELEASE
AND EVERY FEAR I'D EVERY HAD JUST MELTED INTO PEACE
HE'S ALIVE, HE'S ALIVE, HE'S ALIVE AND I'M FORGIVEN
HEAVEN'S GATES ARE OPENED WIDE(REPEAT CHORUS TWO MORE TIMES)
HE'S ALIVE, HE'S ALIVE, HE'S ALIVE . . . HE'S ALIVE
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
If making dog leashes isn't quite your thing, this is ARTSY stuff made of plastic by Christen. Christen has her own BLOGSITE where she shows her recycled plastic craft. She makes "plastic crochets" and manages to come up with the best recycled FUNCTIONAL ART while teaching us HOW to try and do the same.
Christen is naturally INTO plastic bag recycling and ART and I love her stuff. Her "creations" are truly beautiful and "extraordinary". Her site (she shows her blogsite site in her video) shows us some ideas and designs that we can find extremely useful :)
My pet projects lately have been on "waste management" which is basically recycling. Okay. I understand why most people still seem unconvinced and indifferent to recycling. I realize that it is because there seems to be not enough "buzz" about it aside from the cliche' "Save the Planet" which sounds like a momentously huge task for anyone to consider.
Now, this for instance, are lovely dog -leashes. They cost about 120-180 pesos if you purchase them from the local groceries or per stores. But LOOK at Linda's "artful" dog leashes she makes out of simple plastic bags? If you or any of your friends happen to be dog lovers, this teaches you how to re-use those grocery plastic bags .. functional too? If you happen to be a PAWS fan, you could organize with friends to make leashes for dogs and donate them to PAWS :)
If you have dogs and their leashes tatter so easy, making a few of these and saving them for futire use saves you hundred of pesos. They also make great school projects for high school kids and can definitely be a source of extra income. Go ahead, try it. Give your dog a new leash while saving the environment.. enjoy!
Monday, January 5, 2009
And that makes me glad. It's time that bloggers take on the role of the "new media" and share their stories and even their suggestions. The blogosphere has now become a source for the "traditional or mainstream" media to "get their news". Thus, I think bloggers are as "legit" as those who carry "press cards". It's time that everyone accepts the fact that there are probably more people readiong popular blogs - like those in my links - than those reading the usual mainstream newspaper.
Of course, with blogging comes the same journalistic responsibilty. While it is definitely alright to start ones own blog, it should definitely tell the truth. I guess it also must make some sense and suggest good deeds... admittedly, there are some destructive blogs , but it's great to find out that there are more GOOD BLOGS. One of my links, A GOOD BLOG, is about a mom going through the angst of losing a child. I read her blog and want to write a comment or two but then I realize that NOTHING I can say can help soothe her hurt.
We tell each other stories. We try and reach out to each other and help. We exchange ideas. We report abuses and we tell what the mainstream misses to tell us. If there is anything good about technology, it brings us all closer. We belong to our own "blogging communities" and we realize that no one is alone.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
This is how the "EARTH BOX" has helped people in Mexico. Why can't that be done here? After all, suburbian planting seems to be a need these days considering food cost. My friend and I studied the advantages of the Earthbox and this is WHY it works :
1. It is similar to drip agriculture. You CANNOT over or under water your plants. The PVC pipe at the edge of the "box" where you pour the water makes the roots "drink at its own pace" thus ensuring that the plant or vegetable gets exactly what it needs.
2. You can cover small plants as it grows thus protecting it from the weather, creepers like worms and the elements. For instance, you can take your Earthbox inside your house during a storm.
3. It is extremely scientific and less costly than hydrophonics. You simply get a box, place a basket with holes (or something that will act as a "wick") then get about 12 inches of PVC pipe and place it at the corner of the box. Then you fill the box with "moss peat" ( it's cheap at Manila Seedling Bank ) and some organic fertilizer.
4. Make your seeds germinate before replanting them in your Earthbox. Better still, allow your seeds to gerninate in paper cups (or make your own newspaper cups) so you can plant the whole thing in your earthbox when it grows to be about 3-4 inches.
5.It is almost a no-fail system as long as you make sure that your earthbox is exposed to the sun and during the summers, it is easy to place your earthbox in any shaded area to protect your plants from too much direct heat.
We have been reading the "Growing Connection" and how the United Nations has used this box to teach people in other countries like Nicaragua and Mexico to grow their own produce. The Growing Connection worldwide project seems to be working. Perhaps we can likewise try something like that here. Or we'll try anyway.
If these little kids can do it so can we!
This made me think abot the "old days" and how you can ask tomatos and onions from your next door neighbor. Try and do that TODAY and you may get something like a "negative" reaction from your neighbor who will most likely tell you something like : "Doon ka sa palangke bumili!"
Yes, like everyone else, I think of such things. I also think that perhaps Imelda's "Green Revolution" idea wasn't a bad idea after all. Except that TODAY we can all plant and provide our own food thanks to something I found out : it's called the EARTHBOX. If you clicked on that link you'd probably be thinking that it isn't easy to come up with some 30 plus dollars to purchase it plus shipping/mail cost and YOU are certainly RIGHT!
Me and a friend studied how to make a version of this box from "ordinary things" that people throw away. We're also thinking of something.. like an Earthbox Movement perhaps (any suggestions?) but if you do google search for "eartbox" you'll find that it is EASY to make one and it's worth the time because practically ANYTHING will grow on it.... see this video:)
Thursday, January 1, 2009
WE are a simple people and that is GOOD. We've had our "little" modest New Year parties, we've had our "personal conversations" with God and we can leave it at THAT.We are facing tomorrow with another "new beginning". We are valiant as we dare face tomorrow with more hope than fear no matter what the news tell us. We realize that though we did not have a lot of what we hoped for in 2008, we can hope again with courage. Having hope is more than having a million dollars for without it, we cease to really live.
Have a blessed New Year :) This is for you--this song may seem "old" (about the late 70's)but it urges us that life goes on... despite and inspite of the New Year. Be blessed.